Still excellent agreement in the models overnight and everything seems to be on track for a major snowstorm in the DC area beginning Friday and possibly not ending until late on Saturday. The rain/snow issues seem to be working themselves out a bit - the concern here is a slight southward trend to the storm track which certainly keeps us all snow throughout the event but also starts to move the bullseye further and further to the south.
As of right now - some 72 hours before the start of the storm - we're right in the bullseye. If the GFS model from this morning verified, we'd be digging out for quite some time.
Here's the snowmap from this morning's GFS for reference:

It doesn't get to be more of a bullseye than that: 2+ feet of snow for the DC metro. If you like snow a lot, you'd love the models to have you in the bullseye the night before not 72 hours before so we'll see how this evolves.
Just wanted to note that the game is still on and with each hour that passes and each model run that confirms and intensifies the prediction, it's almost time to go get bread.
Stay tuned.
I hate to admit that I check your blog like 2 or 3 times an hour for updates...
ReplyDeleteI hate to admit that I check your blog like 2 or 3 times an hour for updates...
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I'm jealous or relieved to be in Florida. Please be sure to post photos and videos so I can enjoy The Big Snow vicariously.
ReplyDelete