WINTER STORM WARNING

 

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick Update

Haven't had all that much time to look at the models but it seems like it's GFS vs NAM.  The GFS model suggests a more southerly track to the low across VA this evening which would give us some snow - mostly from midnight into the early morning hours tomorrow.  An inch to slightly more is probably all we can look for from this.

The NAM is even worse.  A more northerly track almost over us decreases the amount of moisture available, introduces the dry slot and makes atmospheric temperatures questionable with regards to the rain/snow line.

Based on the morning model runs, I'd say around an inch or two - but I'll take a look at the afternoon models as well.

Either way - shouldn't be a big deal and I don't expect it will start until closer to midnight tonight - maybe even later.

No comments:

Post a Comment