WINTER STORM WARNING

 

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Totals Currently From 2-6 Inches Around the Area - Snow Will Continue

Here in Arlington, I measure 2 inches of wet snow that is packing itself as it falls.  If the atmosphere were colder, we would probably have 3-4 inches at this point.



Snow will continue into the night ending from southwest to northeast around 10-11 PM.

A few of those small-scale bands have formed and are producing snowfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour.  I expect snow totals will vary greatly from place to place depending on those bands.

In the radar below, you can see the upper-level energy moving to the east where it will phase with the surface low offshore.  As it starts this process there's a "twisting" motion to the precipitation which will keep things going for a while - even though you can see the back edge of the snow around Charlottesville.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. They are suggesting we go out and shovel while the snow is still falling, that way we don'r have to shovel the heavy stuff! I think I will wait!

    ReplyDelete