Actually: The Storm.
Anything that stretches from east Texas to Hawaii deserves capital letters.
It's just one model run of at least 10 more to come before the actual storm arrives, but I should mention that a slight shift to the south is good for us...
Oh. Let's get this out of the way now. I like snow. In fact, I love snow...and, specifically, snowstorms. So in this blog: good means more snow, bad means less snow. Thanks for your attention, now back to your regularly scheduled blog update...
...it takes that "mixing with sleet" issue and moves it south and repositions us in the figurative "bullseye" of the storm (we were just south of it earlier this afternoon). Meteorologists refer to a southward shift in model forecast track as a "colder" solution because more cold air is generally trapped north of the storm and a southerly track means more of the forecast area is in the cold "zone".
Anyway, the effect of this is seen below in the NAM forecast total liquid equivalent precipitation. Remember the 10 to 1 rule. Mets (and mathematicians, for that matter) write this ratio as "10:1". 10 inches of snow per 1 inch of liquid equivalent.
Now, without further ado, the NAM
*crash*
as they say in northwestern Turkmenistan:
boo-ya!


Will be checking for an update later today! Guess I should have the snowshovel ready :-)!
ReplyDelete