WINTER STORM WARNING

 

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Latest Models Further North

Which puts us in the warmer sector and creates a situation likely to be:

Some light snow in the morning on Monday mixing with rain in the afternoon, possibly all rain for a time and then changing back to snow late in the afternoon.

Based on the modeled position I think 2-4 inches with the 2" happening closer to the DC area, 4" further west.

I should mention that almost every snow-producing storm has shifted southward at the last moment.  In the past, this has made the difference between, say, 20 and 24 inches.  Not really noticeable.

A shift south here and we're back in the cold sector and, therefore, snowier.

Probably won't really know for sure until tomorrow night.  I'm tempted to drop it to 1-3 inches based on tonight's models but experience has taught me not to follow any forecast model run too closely.

So I'll hold at 2-4 and we'll see what future model runs bring.

1 comment:

  1. How about we keep as much rain as possible in the forecast, okay?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive